Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday

Oh my gosh!!! That's all I can say about my day today. I did a ton of walking so my feet are hurting quite a bit now, but it was totally worth it. More details later, but I got to see all of the following:

le musée de l'histoire de suisse (Swiss history museum)
le musée d'histoire naturelle et d'art (natural history and art museum)
vielle ville (old town!!)
jet d'eau (huge fountain)
le Cathédral de St. Pierre
U.N. Headquarters
Parc Eaux-Vives
l'Hotel du Ville

I packed a little lunch of food that I had bought at a local store and had a nice lunch near the lake. It was especially cute because a few French people that were going by on bikes wished me bon apétit! Later on in the day I was on the other side of the lake and managed to find a somewhat reasonably priced food place for dinner. I had a croque monsieur and the smallest ice cream cone you've ever seen, and I got to eat this delicious meal on a (very) mini beach on the lake. A few people came up to me and talked to me throughout the day (like during my dinner) and it was weird having them expect me to respond in French. But cool!

I'm organizing some things tonight and getting ready for my trip to Lausanne. Hopefully I will find some free wi-fi and an outlet or adaptor that actually works. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment